|NND / YT (subbed)|
|Romaji||Venomania-kou no Kyouki|
|English||Dance with Asmodeus|
Megurine Luka (back-up)
Hatsune Miku (back-up)
|Release Date||July 26, 2010|
|Series||Seven Deadly Sins Series|
|Preceded by||Chrono Story|
|Followed by||The Portrait Glassred Drew|
- For other uses, see The Lunacy of Duke Venomania (disambiguation)
- "Let's dance in this harem."
- ―Sateriasis Venomania[src]
The story takes place in Asmodean as Duke Sateriasis Venomania greets another woman who approaches his mansion. He explains how he made a deal with the devil to have an irresistible charisma to women; as a result, women flock to his mansion's basement to create a harem for him. The Duke burns all his old portraits, revealing how he had been mocked and taunted in childhood for his appearance. He kisses another girl in his harem, Gumina Glassred, who had been his childhood friend but also made a fool out of him. He continues to build his harem and women begin disappearing from all over the land.
One day the duke greets a new woman entering his mansion, approaching "her" to dance; as he does so, however, the "woman" stabs him with a knife, revealing himself to be a man who had tracked down his lost love to the Venomania's home. Due to the injury and the knife's poison, the duke collapses and his spell breaks; as a result the women all begin to flee the mansion. As Venomania dies, he sees a glimpse of Gumina and he begs her to stay, as he states that he has not yet told her that he loved her.
The song uses the various VOCALOID and VOCALOID2 voicebanks. It utilizes Camui Gackpo as the main vocal, as well as KAITO, MEIKO, Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, and GUMI. The song utilizes synth drums, synthesizers, violin, as well as an extension of a YAMAHA keyboard to achieve the specific piano sound.
The song begins with the sound of howling wind, and then the sound of doors creaking open is heard at 0.26. The sound effect of the doors closing comes at 0.30, followed by the opening instrumental. At 0.55, the first verse is sung by Gackpo. The first pre-chorus plays at 1.17, with a duet between Luka and Miku. At 1.28, the first chorus begins, preceding an instrumental break at 1.45. By 1.56, the second verse is sung, once again by Gackpo. At 2.18, the second pre-chorus begins, with a duet between Gumi and MEIKO. The second chorus begins at 2.28, once again preceding an instrumental break which starts by 2.45. At 3.06, the third verse begins, followed by a final pre-chorus starting at 3.30, sung by KAITO using two different pitches. The final chorus begins at 3.41, until the opening instrumental plays until the song's end at 4.32.
Flower of the PlateauEdit
Chrono Story makes a visual reference to The Lunacy of Duke Venomania as it shows Elluka Clockworker making the duke's mansion her destination.
The Portrait Glassred DrewEdit
The Portrait Glassred Drew takes place after the Venomania Event portrayed in The Lunacy of Duke Venomania, depicting Gumina Glassred's reflection on the event.
Seven Crimes and PunishmentsEdit
Venomania's crimes in The Lunacy of Duke Venomania are alluded to in Seven Crimes and Punishments, with the duke noting his drowning in lust as he conceals his true face.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The term "lunacy" means insanity, tying to the Duke's wanton sexual abuse to satiate his own pleasures; the word also means foolishness, possibly due to being deceived by Karchess because of his own arrogance regarding his power.
- The name Venomania is a combination of the words "venom" and "nymphomania", the latter meaning an excessive desire for men, referring to his power over the women he enchanted.
- The song's English title, "Dance with Asmodeus", is a reference to Asmodeus, the patron demon of Lust; it also alludes to the Duke's signature phrase before dancing with the women in his harem.
- A manga based on the song was serialized, acting as a side story to the song's novel adaptation.
- Like the other songs in the Seven Deadly Sins Series, the song PV begins with the phrase "さあ" (Saa).
- After each chorus in the song PV, a list detailing the missing women in Asmodean was shown, revealing Venomania's increasing depravity; after the second chorus, his victims include a 62-year-old woman and three girls with their ages censored, one of whom has her age in single digits.
- Many of the women's name, ages, and occupations allude to characters from the Story of Evil; a majority of the lists' names are based on the name of a female Vocaloid.
- Josephine Francois, whose age and occupation are both censored, is a reference to the horse owned by Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche in The Daughter of Evil.
- Ironically, the song echoes Venomania's earlier mention of "libido that hid poison" and "pleasure of the blade that cut", which mixes his blood and sweat together until it turns purple; he is stabbed by a blade hiding poison at the end of the song, mixing his blood and sweat to mix together until it turns purple.
- The song was rearranged by mothy, titled "The Lunacy of Duke Venomania [Remixed Version]", a track included with the purchase of the manga.