|NND / YT|
|Romaji||Aku no Musume|
|English||The princess of Lucifer|
|Release Date||April 4, 2008|
April 6, 2008 (PV)
|Series||Seven Deadly Sins Series|
The Daughter of Evil Series
|Preceded by||Twiright Prank|
|Followed by||The Servant of Evil|
- For other uses, see The Daughter of Evil (disambiguation)
- "Oh ho ho ho ho. Come, kneel to me!"
- ―Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche[src]
The Daughter of Evil is a song released by Akuno-P on April 4, 2008 and later uploaded with a PV two days later. It is part of the Seven Deadly Sins Series, depicting Pride, and is the first song in The Daughter of Evil Series.
The song takes place in Lucifenia, a country stated to be of unspeakable inhumanity, and ruled by a fourteen-year-old princess, Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche. The song goes on to list how she has a servant that shares her face, a horse named Josephine, and all the treasures of the world. She acquired these treasures from stealing money from the peasants in her kingdom and she expresses an intent to destroy everyone in her way.
On top of this, the song reveals she loves Kyle Marlon, the blue-haired king from another land. However, instead of the princess, he chooses Michaela. Fueled by rage, she orders the destruction of the girl's country and all the women in it. Many houses are burned down and many people suffer, but Riliane is only concerned with teatime.
Finally, all the citizens of Lucifenia conspire to take down the princess, though it would be hard. They are led by a swordswoman wearing red armor, and are not stopped by the soldiers due to the tolls of the war with Elphegort. At last, they surrounded the court, although all the servants had already fled. The "princess" does not put up a fight and is finally captured. She's scheduled to be executed at three o'clock. At that time, she looks upon the crowd and simply says "It's teatime" before she is killed by the guillotine.
The Servant of EvilEdit
The Servant of Evil details the life of Riliane's servant Allen Avadonia, occurring alongside The Daughter of Evil, and shows his eventual death in saving her from the guillotine.
Regret Message recounts Riliane's actions after The Daughter of Evil, detailing her repentance and efforts to cope with what she has done by means of the titular message.
The Daughter of WhiteEdit
The song Blink shows Riliane's further repentence as she oversees the growth of the New Millennium Tree, wondering about the future and her own forgiveness.
Seven Crimes and PunishmentsEdit
The song Seven Crimes and Punishments alludes to Riliane's kingdom built on the wealth of her people, as she believes it to be unstoppable.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The Lucifenian Revolution is based on historical events of the French Revolution, as Lucifenia itself is based on France and Riliane on Marie Antoinette.
- The phrase "of Evil" (aku no) is commonly used to characterize the songs' themes such as "The Daughter of Evil Series" and "Deadly Sins of Evil"; the creator of the Evillious Chronicles, mothy, also uses the name "Akuno-P".
- The song's English title, "The princess of lucifer", is a reference to Lucifer, the patron demon of Pride.
- The song mentions The Daughter of Evil owning a horse; the horse is often the representative animal of pride.
- Like the other songs in the Seven Deadly Sins Series, the song begins with the phrase "さあ" (Saa) immediately after the singer's opening laughter.
- Several of the lyrics during the song mirror that of The Servant of Evil.
- The Lunacy of Duke Venomania makes a reference to Josephine, Riliane's horse; in the song, one of Venomania's victims is "Josephine Francois", a woman whose age and occupation are censored.
- Allen's pose in the original song PV is similar to the Evils Court depiction of the Master of the Heavenly Yard.
- The song was rearranged by mothy shortly after the release of Kagamine Rin ACT 2, titled "The Daughter of Evil (Modified Version)", a revised track to improve the smoothness of sound quality while keeping it close to the sound of the original ACT 1 song.
- Another rearranged version of the song with an updated PV was released by mothy, titled "The Daughter of Evil ~velvet mix~" in celebration of Rin's second anniversary.
- Both the song and its sequel were also rearranged into a single song titled "The Daughter and Servant of Evil", an instrumental track included in Four Melodies of Evil ~The Daughter of Evil Novel Music Collection~.
- The Daughter and Servant of Evil, along with another arrangement by Torabolta, titled "The Daughter of Evil Arranged Version", was included in The Daughter of Evil: BGM Reading Collection in promotion of The Daughter of Evil: Act 1.
- While commenting about the song, mothy expressed that, like The Servant of Evil, he was tired of listening to the song after reworking it so many times; afterward, he admitted that there wouldn't be Akuno-P if it weren't for the song.