|“||There was once upon a time in another place an evil kingdom who no person dared to face...||”|
— Yukina Freesis in The Freesis Fairytale "Daughter of Evil"
- Twiright Prank
- The Daughter of Evil
- The Servant of Evil
- Wooden Girl ~Thousand Year Wiegenlied~
- The Daughter of White
- Regret Message
- Handbeat Clocktower
On his blog, mothy announced that the novels are based on the songs and are officially canon to the Evillious Chronicles. The short stories are consistent with the novels and are also considered canonical material. The official website for the novel series can be found here.
- The Daughter of Evil: Clôture of Yellow
- The Daughter of Evil: Wiegenlied of Green
- Interlude of Evil: The Daughter of Evil Worldguide
- The Daughter of Evil: Praeludium of Red
- The Daughter of Evil: Praefatio of Blue
- Epic of Evil: The Daughter of Evil Fanbook
Marlon Royal Family
Note: this list only contains the list of all major recurring characters in Story of Evil. For a list of all minor characters in the series, please see the List of Minor Characters in Story of Evil.
Other Media AppearancesEdit
The Daughter of Evil ~Gemini of Charm~ Edit
A play adaptation of the songs titled The Daughter of Evil ~Gemini of Charm~, opened on January 27, 2010 and lasted until January 31, 2010. The script was written by Hidekatsu Tokunaga, a member of X-QUEST, who adapted the story based on his own interpretation of the songs. Mothy was not involved in the script's creation and many events and settings in the play differ from their portrayal in the novels and contain many of Tokunaga's original parodies and episodes added to the script; the characters maintain their original names.The play features numerous background tracks as well as covers for the velvet mix variants of The Daughter of Evil, The Servant of Evil, and Regret Message. The covers were sung by Shimoda Asami, the voice actress who lent her voice for Rin and Len's vocals. She also sang a rendition of Twiright Prank. The original soundtrack was released on February 3, 2010. The sountrack was later compiled into an album.
××× of Evil Edit
Another event called God of Evil, was held on April 11, 2010 by Drama Group Brioche. The group was established by fans of the series to make a theater play of The Daughter of Evil, The Servant of Evil, and Regret Message. The Drama Group Brioche made a big success in God of Evil or "xxx of Evil" for short.
The Daughter of Evil and The Servant of Evil make an appearance in the game Hatsune Miku and Future Stars Project Mirai. Two Modules designed by Ichika were created exclusively for the songs. The designs of the characters are consistent with their appearance in the novels.
The song PV's portrayal follows the plot of The Daughter of Evil: Clôture of Yellow, closely, including cameos by various characters like Leonhart. However, there are a few inconsistencies with the novels such as Clarith being present when Allen first saw Michaela as well as the portrayal of the Lucifenian palace.
Daughter of Evil and Servant of Evil were featured at Hatsune Miku's Live Party 2011 in Tokyo on March 9th, 2011. Projected on a screen, Rin debuted on stage with Riliane's classic laugh and performed a sole ensemble to an abreviated version of The Daughter of Evil. Directly afterward, Len debuted and performed a similarly shortened version of The Servant of Evil.They repeated the performance in Sapporo and Singapore that same year. They returned the following year in Tokyo at Hatsune Miku's Live Party 2012.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The name "Story of Evil" appears in Handbeat Clocktower in reference to all the events that had occurred related to Queen Prim and Abyss I.R.'s machinations.
- The novel series' name as "The Daughter of Evil" series is a reference to the Sinner of Pride, Riliane, at the forefront of history and her connection to the larger conspiracy detailed by Yukina in her story.
- The name of all the characters represented by a Vocaloid (or a related synth such as UTAU) were chosen to match partially with the name of their respective Vocaloid counterpart when adapted to the Japanese text.
- Several of the characters in Story of Evil wish they "could be reborn", usually to have a second chance to be with their loved ones in the next life.
- Several of the characters also say they will "become evil" for another character as part of a reoccurring theme of characters justifying their dark or cruel actions for a greater good.
- The phrase "I will always protect you so please keep smiling for me" is also given a special significance, repeated by Allen and Michaela to exemplify their devotion to their loved ones.