|NND / YT|
|Romaji||Nanatsu no Tsumi to Batsu|
|English||Clockwork Lullaby 7|
|Release Date||February 13, 2015|
|Collaborators||Mitsuyasu Yanagita (guitar)|
|Series||Clockwork Lullaby Series|
|Preceded by||Ending Boy Hänsel|
- For other uses, see Seven Crimes and Punishments (disambiguation)
- "Come, let's begin."
- ―Allen Avadonia[src]
Seven Crimes and Punishments is a song released by Akuno-P on February 13, 2015. It was included in an album of the same name. It is the eighth song in the Clockwork Lullaby Series, depicting the seven main characters from the Seven Deadly Sins Series.
Allen Avadonia announces they shall now begin; Duke Sateriasis Venomania relates that the seven flowers have been released, him drowning in lust while concealing his ugly true face. Banica Conchita then relates that the seven seeds have descended and taken root in the ground. Banica describes her plans to melt everything, even the world, in her stomach. Princess Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche regards that from the gems it was built upon, her evil kingdom is now unstoppable. With the vessels of malice released by the cursed twins, the three proclaim that the story that will be drawn will be of seven crimes and punishments.
As the seven winds violate the world with poison, Sleep Princess, the false sin and the main source of everything, laments that she isn't able to sleep today either. In the seven springs, Kayo Sudou sees the face of the man she loves, however, other people intefere and she wishes they didn't exist. In the court buried in the soil, Gallerian Marlon commands his farce called a trial to be begun. While the three claim everyone wishes for their utopia, they relate the outcome that will be met will be seven crimes and punishments.
Nemesis Sudou then asks if the song of the forest can be heard, but remarks it's only her gunshot of destruction before firing at the screen. After the seven again proclaim that the story drawn from the vessels the cursed twins released will be of seven crimes and punishments, they and Hänsel and Gretel sing the Clockwork Lullaby.
Seven Crimes and Punishments contains a callback to Hänsel and Gretel releasing the Seven Deadly Sins in Chrono Story, as well as alluding to the original forms that each of the sins took upon release; several of the song's lyrics also parallel each other.
The Lunacy of Duke VenomaniaEdit
The events of The Lunacy of Duke Venomania are alluded to in the song, showing how Venomania submerged himself in his lust while concealing his real face.
Evil Food Eater ConchitaEdit
The Daughter of EvilEdit
Gift from the Princess who Brought SleepEdit
The Tailor of EnbizakaEdit
Judgment of CorruptionEdit
The Muzzle of NemesisEdit
Master of the Hellish YardEdit
Seven Crimes and Punishments alludes to the end of Evillious as seen in Master of the Hellish Yard, Nemesis speaking of her gunshot of destruction.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The song's title is derived from the Seven Deadly Sins featured in the series.
- The song was released to commemorate mothy's seventh anniversary of his song career.
- Despite the anniversary officially being February 28, the song was released on February 13 to coincide with the release of the Seven Crimes and Punishments album crossfade.
- According to mothy, the song wasn't originally planned for the album and was added at the last minute because he wanted something "flashy"; he admitted that it ultimately tied together the entire album rather nicely.
- The song has a strong association with the number seven; it features the seven main characters from the Seven Deadly Sins Series, was uploaded at 7:00 PM JST, was meant to commemorate mothy's seven-year anniversary, and has been labeled as "Clockwork Lullaby 7" for its English title.
- During each singer's segment in the song, a unique instrumental is used along with the standard melody, each resembling one of the instruments used in the corresponding character's Seven Deadly Sins song.
- During the segments for Riliane and Gallerian, the unique sound effects used in their respective Seven Deadly Sins songs can be heard; during Nemesis' segment, the gunshot sound effect from The Last Revolver is used.
- While released to coincide with the Seven Crimes and Punishments album crossfade, the song PV was ominously uploaded on Friday the 13th.
- Like all the songs in the Seven Deadly Sins Series, the song begins with the phrase "さあ" (Saa).