|♪ Regret Message ♫|
|NND (subbed) / YT (subbed)|
Kagamine Len (back-up)
|Release Date||May 25, 2008|
|Collaborators||Painter Brioche (PV illustration)|
Ichika (album illustration)
|Series||Story of Evil|
|Preceded by||Wooden Girl ~Thousand Year Wiegenlied~|
|Followed by||The Daughter of White|
- "I will tell you, a secret lore."
- ―Allen Avadonia[src]
The song starts in a harbor outside a town where Riliane stands alone. She recalls a legend that Allen once told her that states that if she writes a wish, puts it inside a bottle and throws it out to sea, her wish will come true. As such, Riliane writes down a wish in a bottle and sets it out herself. Recalling on her past, she regrets her actions as she realizes how selfish she was and how Allen would follow her every command, even when it caused him pain. She hopes the ocean will express her gratitude. She writes her wish with the words, "if we could be reborn again."
Kagamine Rin as Riliane Lucifen d'Autriche
Kagamine Len as Allen Avadonia
Kagamine Rin's VOCALOID2 voicebank is utilized. The original song utilized the sounds of waves, tambourine, french horn, musicbox, strings, viola, claps, steel drums, drums, guitar, and electric piano synth.
The song uses a scale of F sharp minor and tranposes to A minor for the chorus, a tempo of 115 bpm, and a meter of 4/4. The song uses the following pattern:
Sound - (Instrum.) ; V - PreC - C; V - PreC - C ;(break); V - PreC - C;(Instrum.); Refrain - Coda;(Instrum.)
The song starts with the sound of the waves and the instrumental. The songs repeats the sequence of a verse, pre-chorus (climbing verse to the chorus), and a chorus, three times. There is a break between the second and the third sequence to emphasize the character's hesitation. After the last chorus, there is an instrumental variation of the chorus to build up to the finale. The finale is made of the refrain (a chorus and the two of first lines) and a coda (an addition that brings the song to a close). The song ends with the instrumental variation of the chorus.
The Daughter of EvilEdit
The Servant of EvilEdit
The Servant of Evil communicates the situation pushing Riliane to send out her wish, as it details the death of her brother; as well as the song containing a similar wish for the two twins to reincarnate together.
The Daughter of WhiteEdit
The song Re birthday contains a reference to the wish sent out by Riliane in Regret Message.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The song's English title, "Fallen Angel" is a reference to Lucifer, whose name is included in The Daughter of Evil's English title "The princess of lucifer", referring to Riliane.
- The origin of the legend of the sea mentioned in the song is elaborated upon in Twiright Prank; its role and origin are further elaborated upon in the novels The Daughter of Evil: Clôture of Yellow and The Daughter of Evil: Wiegenlied of Green.
- In Re_birthday, Irregular receives a message, possibly alluding to the events of Regret Message.
- The glass bottle present in the song is referenced in Lu Li La, Lu Li La, The Resounding Song; a similar glass bottle appears in Moonlit Bear and Abandoned on a Moonlit Night.