Lioness, formerly the Kingdom of Lioness, was a state in the Bolganio continent's Evillious region. Fighting with the Marlon country since its foundation, it was eventually conquered by its eastern neighbor.
Following its foundation, the country of Lioness grew into a respectable power and was often at odds with the Marlon country controlling the eastern half of the island. Sometime during the early 4th century EC, Lioness entered a war with Marlon over control of the island. Around EC 324, the lord of Lioness captured Prince Carlos Marlon and held him at Castle Hedgehog as a prisoner. The prince later escaped with the help of the mage, AB-CIR. Shortly after EC 325, Marlon won the war and absorbed Lioness' territory, officially abolishing the nation.
Government and PoliticsEdit
The Lioness government was ruled by a sovereign with an aristocracy composed of multiple lords that controlled different areas across the nation.
The Lioness army was a formidable military force, causing Marlon to constantly fear being overtaken by its neighbor. Despite this, it was inevitably defeated by the Blue Country after centuries of struggling for control of the entire island.
Society and CultureEdit
Like its name, many of the cities and buildings of Lioness were named after animals and was a trait in Lioness culture that remained even after it was absorbed as part of Marlon's territory. The people of Lioness had a deep rivalry with the people of the Marlon country and the nation was constantly at odds with its neighbor for island supremacy.
Geography and ClimateEditLioness was located on the island off the west coast of the Evillious region, located directly west of Lucifenia. Before being overtaken by the Marlon country, Lioness controlled the western half of Marlon Island. Due to its unique location, Lioness had a natural barrier protecting its borders. Its three major rivers stretched from its western shores inland and produced a viable areas for settlement. The nation has a cooler climate compared to Beelzenia.
Castle HedgehogEdit Just below it is the northern-most river on the Marlon Island, near its mouth.
Main Article: Castle Hedgehog
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The lioness, along with its male counterpart the lion, was commonly incorporated into the heraldry of English sovereign, symbolizing royalty, strength, and leadership.
- The tension between Lioness and Marlon is reminiscent of the relationship between Great Britain and Ireland throughout much of the nation's history.
- The Daughter of Evil: Praefacio of Blue (first mention)
- Deadly Sins of Evil: The Lunacy of Duke Venomania
- Deadly Sins of Evil: Evil Food Eater Conchita
- Epic of Evil: The Daughter of Evil Fanbook
- Quartets of Evil (non-canon appearance)
- Waltz of Evil: The Deadly Sins of Evil Guidebook (mentioned only)