Irregular was the mysterious entity that resided inside the womb of the Master of the Court. Confined in the Clockworker's Doll, he was treated as the Director Doll's unborn child. He shares a resemblance with Allen Avadonia.
At some point, Irregular ended up in the womb of the Clockworker's Doll, shackled in red and blue chains. Residing in the box-like space throughout the EC 990s, the Master of the Court sung the Clockwork Lullaby to the child. In EC 998, Irregular was born in the Millennium Tree Forest and burst out of the doll's womb area. Shortly after, the boy was destroyed by Punishment along with the rest of the forest.
Ending up in the Grave Yard, Irregular wandered its vast wasteland. He later came by a hill when two boys with his same appearance appeared, Hänsel and Allen Avadonia. After Hänsel greeted him, Irregular remained silent before noticing the boy holding up the Clockworker's Doll. Struggling, he called out to his "mother". As Hänsel explained someone else was currently residing in the doll, Irregular reached out and tried to take it, calling out for his mother again and again.
Keeping it out of his reach, Hänsel fled up the hill shortly after and Irregular slowly chased after him and Allen. Once the three boys reached the top, they encountered Nemesis Sudou with a fourth boy, the Punishment weapon. Nemesis then activated Punishment, enveloping Irregular in the blast along with everyone else.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Irregular was a devoted child to his "mother", the awakened Clockworker's Doll. As a result, he strived to be with her and was therefore persistent to acquire the vessel of Sloth. Due to dying almost immediately after his birth, Irregular lacked a well developed consciousness, acting sluggishly and struggling to say more than a few words at a time.
Master of the Court: The vessel that held Irregular. Irregular viewed the Master of the Court as his mother.
Allen Avadonia: A being connected to Irregular. Irregular manifested sometime after Allen's death and shared his appearance, although Irregular was located outside of the Heavenly Yard.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- The term "irregular" means to not act according to established rules, laws, or customs; it also means to lack continuity or regularity in actions and also to not belong as part of a regular group or organization but rather be raised for a special purpose.
- Irregular's name may be partially inspired by the name of his representative Vocaloid, Len, with Irregular's romanization containing "re" in it.
- In the song Master of the Court, Irregular's name is spelled in Japanese kanji as 毒, meaning "poison", "evil influence", or "malice".
- In Re_birthday, a similar character to Irregular is portrayed by Kagamine Len; both are also chained in blue and red shackles, albeit portrayed wearing different attire.
- Capriccio Farce (first appearance)
- Master of the Court (song) (first mentioned)
- Seven Crimes and Punishments (story)
- Evils Court
- Seven Crimes and Punishments (album)