The series is set in Bolganio, a fictional continent in the series' world, with all of its major actions taking place in its western region, Evillious. The majority of the known storyline occurs throughout the final few decades of the EC 900s. However, several parts of the story occur during a currently unknown location and time.
A spell song that can be learned by those with an affinity for magic and singing voice. A practitioner who sings the distinctive, calming melody ("Lu Li La" or an arrangement of the pattern) is able to spread their voice across a large area. The spell can be used as a type of exploration magic, such as detecting and locating the vessels of sin.
Awakened Vessels of SinEdit
The vessels of sin after they "awaken", taking on human forms with new names for themselves. Some of the awakened vessels resemble one of their previous owners with a few sharing some of their personality as well. After awakening, the entities continue to wield their vessel's powers; even if their power is drained, they continue to maintain their human form.
With the release of its last song, the series has had ten songs labeled as "Clockwork Lullaby" from "Zero" to "9". Although not reaching the same amount of popularity as some of his other series, the Clockwork Lullaby songs became important for fans of Akuno-P's larger Evillious Chronicles due to their connections to the characters or events of his other series. As the years progressed, a series of albums featuring the characters from some of the later songs were released. The booklets included with these albums developed the story and many of the characters featured in them.
- Clockwork Lullaby
- Miniature Garden Girl
- Heartbeat Clocktower
- Chrono Story
- Capriccio Farce
- Seven Crimes and Punishments
- The Song I Heard Somewhere
- Swear an Oath on that Bridge
As part of the Seven Crimes and Punishments album, a 150 page prose was written by Akuno-P and included in the limited edition version of the album. Like the Deadly Sins of Evil and The Daughter of Evil light novel series preceding it, the story expanded upon the characters featured or mentioned in the original song PV, as well as adding new characters and plot details. The story was illustrated by Ichika.
Note: This list contains all major recurring characters that appear in the series. For a list of all characters that appear or are mentioned in passing, see the List of Minor Characters in the Clockwork Lullaby Series.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- In-universe, the Clockwork Lullaby is a spell song with twelve variants, each variant producing a different effect.
- A clockwork is a mechanical device that utilizes a complex series of gears to perform its function; in the Evillious Chronicles, gears often represent fate, destiny, and the passage of time.
- A lullaby is a soothing melody, usually used for the purpose of putting a child to sleep, reflecting the calming nature of the spell.
- In a livestream, mothy stated he planned to make twelve songs for the series.
- At the end of Chrono Story, a golden gear is shown with a roman numeral in each tooth, from 1 to 12.