|NND / YT (subbed)|
|Romaji||Zenmai Jikake no Komoriuta|
|English||Clockwork lullaby I|
|Release Date||March 22, 2008|
|Series||Clockwork Lullaby Series|
- For other uses, see Clockwork Lullaby (disambiguation)
- "This singing voice is the clockwork lullaby."
- ―Unknown girl[src]
The song is set in an unspecified time and place. A mysterious singer, after obtaining the "key called words," begins to tie them into a song: a lullaby she wanted others to listen to, with a distinctive "Lu Li La" pattern. She also takes a toy she had always wanted and throws it out a window.
The singer questions the wishes and desires of the humankind, and she tells them to "go to sleep." She expresses uncertainty about the song healing the heart of someone with a sin of desire. The singer mentions twelve songs that denote time with scattered keywords; as she searches for proof of her existence in "Pandora's box", she discovers she isn't anyone. Regardless, she declares that she will continue singing, believing that the memories and traumas will continue melting and blending with the song.
Wordplay shares the theme of "words" continued in Clockwork Lullaby. Also, part of the Wordplay's melody can be heard in the background around the second verse of Clockwork Lullaby.
Re_birthday shares the "Lu Li La" pattern and its healing properties as alluded to in the Clockwork Lullaby, as well as sharing a theme of adding words to the song.
- Re_birthday's PV mirrors Clockwork Lullaby, depicting its singer in a similar pose opposite of Clockwork Lullaby's mysterious singer.
- The last line of Wordplay, "Teach me words as always", is repeated as the first line of the song.
- This is the first song to set the distinctive "lu li la" tune heard in the series' succeeding songs.
- The song was remastered for a second time, titled "Clockwork Lullaby -Key of Word-", featuring new lyrics in the bridge instead of an instrumental bridge; it was included in the Clockwork Lullaby album.
- In the Clockwork Lullaby album, Kiril Clockworker asserts that the song is the start, vowing to ascertain the truth of Alice Merry-go-round's prophecy.
- ↑ Clockwork Lullaby Album Booklet - Clockwork Lullaby 01/Clockwork Lullaby -Key Of Word-