- For other uses, see Clockwork Lullaby (disambiguation)
The spell song allowed the singer to pinpoint locations that contained large amounts of magic power over a wide area by echoing the sound across the area. The caster could also differentiate between types of magic detected, such as demonic presences. The song's tune was arranged in a distinctive "Lu Li La" pattern sung in a soothing melody. The melody was also described as relaxing and healing for the heart. Being quite versatile, the Clockwork Lullaby allowed for users to rearrange its lyrics and melody or add words to the song, presumably changing its effects.
Conceptualization and OriginEdit
- A clockwork is a mechanical device that utilizes a complex series of gears to perform its function; in the Evillious Chronicles, gears often represent fate, destiny, and the passage of time.
- A lullaby is a soothing melody, usually used for the purpose of putting a child to sleep, reflecting the calming nature of the spell.
- The lullaby's distinct "Lu Li La" musical pattern is also the sound made by many devices based on the Second Period's super technology.
- Right before his death, Allen Avadonia briefly heard the tune of the Clockwork Lullaby being sung from an unidentified singer.
- In Full Moon Laboratory, a similar song to the Clockwork Lullaby with rearranged lyrics is sung by presumably the same singer of Wordplay and Clockwork Lullaby.